Most people don’t consider golf a very strenuous sport and are surprised when they realize how good it is for the body. Getting out and playing a game of golf has many fantastic health benefits. Golfing will improve your flexibility, cardiovascular health, strength, and so much more. Here are some of the important ways that golf is good for you:
1) Most golf courses are out in the countryside and filled with greenery, which means that the air will be relatively pollution free and full of oxygen. Being outside in the fresh air is good for your lungs and restores your overall health.
2) Walking between each hole is an excellent light cardiovascular workout, especially if you skip the golf cart and carry your clubs. Did you know that you burn approximately 300 calories every hour when playing golf?
3) Calculating your approach and planning out your putts is a workout for the pertinent part of your brain which is concerned with physics and spatial relationships. Your brain is a muscle too, and exercising it keeps you healthy.
4) Bending over the pick up golf balls, set up a golf tee, and other actions will increase your flexibility.
5) Hitting a hard drive across the fairway is great for building muscles, especially in your arms, shoulders, and back.
6) Playing a round of golf on a sunny day means that you will receive a nice healthy dose of vitamin D. Your body naturally produces this vitamin, but it needs sunlight to help release it. Vitamin D will help repair your skin cells and strengthen your bones.
7) After a day of exercise and fresh air on the golf course, you will sleep better. Studies have shown that exercise helps you to fall asleep faster and remain in a deep sleep for longer. This is critical for your health because sleeping is when you repair and heal your body.
8) Lifting up your heavy golf bag and carrying it will help you to build strong muscles.
9) If golfing is a fun and relaxing activity for you, going to play a few rounds will significantly reduce your stress and tension. Being stressed out is incredibly harmful to your health and can cause serious health problems, so go for a game of golf and just chill out!
10) Golfing can be an excellent way to spend time with your friends, and these positive social interactions release healthy endorphins in your brain. Studies have shown that if we have a secure connection to a group of friends, we can live up to six years longer.
One of the most outstanding of this has to do with the locations on which golf is played. Most clubs will invest a lot in developing beautiful, well-manicured lawns for players. This is globally recognized as a key way to fight stress and gives one a break from the hassles of polluted and congested cities.
Golfing is also associated with a host of physical benefits. Walking accounts for most of the exercise benefits gained on a golf course. For a player to cover 18 holes, he may need to walk about 4 miles. In this time, he will have burned approximately 1400 calories.
Swinging a club is also beneficial for shoulder, arm and tummy muscles and therefore helps the players keep fit. Such exercise contributes to an improved blood circulation, heart rate, and good health. It is also beneficial for anyone looking to lose weight as it raises metabolism and reduces bad cholesterol.
For these reasons and more, heading out to your favorite golf course such as http://www.fairwaysandfundays.com/ to play a few rounds is a very healthy way to spend your time. Enjoying a great game of golf will make you stronger, fitter, and most of all, happier.