The mission of the Gold Mountain Firewise Committee is to support and encourage activities which reduce hazardous fire fuel loads in our community. In all cases we want to preserve the natural beauty of Gold Mountain while taking prudent steps to reduce the risk of devastating wildfire damage.
Priority Gold Mountain community goals for wildfire safety are:
1. Public and firefighter safety
2. Protection of developed resources such as homes and infrastructure
3. Protection of natural resources such as watersheds, mature tree stands, views, and habitats
The Gold Mountain Firewise Committee is a joint committee of the HOA and CSD and is comprised of community volunteers who collaborate with local, state and federal fire officials to identify and to support implementation of sound fire safe programs that are focused on community member safety and wildfire resiliency programs.
Gold Mountain is one of approximately 1,000 communities across the country that is recognized as a Firewise Communities USA designated community.
- Firewise Communities / USAFirewise Communities USA / Recognition Program
- CAL FIRE’s Wildfire Is Coming. Are You Ready?
- Plumas County Fire Safe Council
- County of Plumas Fire PreparednessPlumas County Wildfire Evacuation and Prevention Plan